In recent years several presentations were given to professional occupational hygiene associations in the Netherlands (NVvA), United Kingdom (BOHS) and the USA (ACGIH and AIHA during AIHCe). Below is a summary of these presentations; it is possible to download the presentations in pdf format.
IOHA2015: the IOHA London 2015 conference is organized by the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) on behalf of the International Occupational Hygiene Association (IOHA).
- What if there is no OELV or DNEL? Kick-Off Values for substances with limited human health-hazard information: Presentation Geert Wieling: Kick-off Levels
- Differences in Control Banding health hazard categorization and how to find the best performing scheme: Presentation Theo Scheffers: Validation best Control Banding Scheme for Kick-off Levels
- The need for international alignment of OH-tools and IOHA’s role in this: Presentation Theo Scheffers: Alignment OH Tools
NVvA Conference 2014 (Zeist – NL):
- Re-evaluation of Kick-Off Values (Session L “Risicobeoordeling gevaarlijke stoffen in de praktijk”; d.d. 3 April 2014): NVvA-2014 Re-evaluation Kick-Off Values
- Comparison of OEL’s and DNEL’s (Session “Ignite”; d.d. 2 April 2014): NVvA-2014 Ignite-session “de Mac-O-Maan”
BOHS Conference 2014 Nottingham – UK (Session 6a “OELs; d.d. 9 April 2014):
- Hazard Grouping Validation in Control Banding systems: OH2014 Validation CB hazard grouping
- Kick-Off Values: OH2014 Re-evaluation of Kick-off Limit Values
- Comparison of OEL’s and DNEL’s (Session 6a “Ignite” d.d. 9 April 2014): OH2014 Ignite-session DNEL vs OELV
AIHCe Conference 2014 San Antonio – USA (Session PO136 “IH Legal Issues”; d.d. June 4, 2014):
- Kick-Off Values: AIHCe 2014 Re-evaluation Kick off Values
- Hazard Grouping Validation in Control Banding systems: AIHCe 2014 Validation CB hazard grouping
- Comparison of OEL’s and DNEL’s (session IL05 “Ignite”; d.d. June 3, 2014;Youtube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oiQFK5ZJTM
Newsletter NVvA 2006
In the Newsletter of the Dutch Occupational Hygiene Society (NVvA) in 2006, we published an article on Kick-Off Values and our Compare-mode (in Dutch): DOHSBase Vergelijk. NVVA Nieuwsbrief.april NR1 2006.
In 2005 the build up and backgrounds of the kick-off values and the Compare mode were described in the following scientific publication (in Dutch, with English summary): Tijdschrift voor Toegepaste Arbowetenschap 2005, Kick-off waarden en Compare